Eczema is a growing condition in the UK with over 6 million people suffering. One of the most prevalent types of eczema is contact dermatitis, which is a type of eczema triggered by contact with an irritant or allergen.
Many sufferers struggle to get to the route of their condition to prevent it happening, due to the wide variety of possible irritants and allergens. Contact with everyday items such as soap, detergent and water can trigger the condition, which is unavoidable for most.Therefore relieving the symptoms and protecting the skin is therefore of key importance.
Five step guide to caring for eczema prone skin
1. Regularly use emollients – keeping the skin hydrated is essential for keeping skin healthy. Avoiding moisturisers with synthetics fragrances and preservatives can help reduce contact with skin irritants.
2. Keep skin’s natural oils – try to avoid stripping the skin of natural oils by using harsh soaps and detergents. At times where this is unavoidable, use a product with a high concentration of natural oils to restore the skin.
3. Don’t scratch the skin – when eczema flares up the discomfort and irritation can be very itchy, however resisting the urge can help prevent damaging and breaking the skin. Chia seed oil is proven to reduce itching and soothe inflammation.
4. Wear gloves – wearing gloves when performing tasks such as cleaning the house and washing up can prevent your skin from coming into contact with irritants.
5. Be proactive not reactive – maintenance is better than cure for eczema and dermatitis, so ensuring you properly treat and care for your skin when your symptoms aren’t that bad will help strengthen your skin.
Why is XO balm good for contact dermatitis and eczema?
- XO Balm is made from 100% natural ingredients including emollients coconut oil and olive oil.
- The natural beeswax in XO Balm help strengthen the skin’s natural barrier – holding the natural oils in and irritants out, and reducing skin cracking.
- XO Balm is free from preservatives, sulfates and fragrances. The only fragrance is from the natural beeswax and coconut oil.
- Unlike greasy emollients, XO Balm sits on the skin with a matte finish, making it more comfortable for day-to-day wear. The beeswax also reduces the amount of product being wiped or washed off, giving longer protection
- XO Balm contains chia seed oil to reduce skin itching and inflammation, soothing any discomfort and protecting the skin.
- The XO Balm tin is portable and great for on-the-go applications.
If you have any questions or would like more information, we would love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com.